Sunday, March 18, 2012

USB To PS2 Key Board..



Long back I have assembled a High end Multi Media PC (At that time :0) . It was the best configured PC. It was upgraded many time to 1 TB HDD, DVD writer, TV Tuner, Bluetooth, 5.1 Speaker, Flat 20'' Monitor and so on.

Recently I have changed my PS2 Key board as it was not working to USB type. It was working fine in windows.

I felt a pinch of USB keyboard when I was reloading Windows from DOS mode. The key board was not detected in DOS. I have left with no option other than purchasing new PS2 Key board.

Then I thought can I make switch cable to convert USB to PS2. I have searched and found USB male - female cable in my junk. My work has started with this cable.

I cut the male connector and made wire to expose. It contains four wires of color Red, Green, Black & White. I take out PS2 Cable from old keyboard and striped down the cable. I searched a lot in web and found out color coding for both. Finally with little difficulty I made the switch cable that was working.

1 comment: